Web Page Authentication Support
- The latest QL Player release lets you access and display secure web content (HTTP / HTTPS) that requires user authentication. You can access and display a range of web content, such as corporate dashboards / KPI from Microsoft SharePoint, or any internet source that requires single or two step user authentications.
The process is simple.
First, create a new URL content in QL Content Manager.
In this example we will use the following URL:
Proceed like you would for any regular web page.
- Right-click in the content library window and select Add > URL
- Give the new URL a descriptive name and then paste it in the http field.
Next, switch to the 3rd screen (click right-arrow twice) to get to the Authentication table.
- Click the Refresh link to bring up all available options for the selected URL.
- The fields are populated in the order they appear in the table, from the top down. Note that you can re-order the fields in the table by dragging and dropping them.
- In this example the URL calls up a web page that has two fields (User Name / Password) and a button (Enter). Since the credentials must be sent in the correct order, always check to make sure that’s the case before moving to the next step.
- Enter the credentials by clicking on each line under the Value column.
In this example we would enter our user name in the first line, and our password in the second line. There is no need to enter anything for the third line as it represents a mouse click.
- NOTE: You can repeat an action by clicking the + button. Click the – button to remove an action.
Actions supported by the Web Authentication feature are:
- Field (enter a text value)
- Mouse click action (select from drop box)
- Button action (idle)
This feature is available for QL Player Windows, Android, Tizen and WebOS.